Question on performance parts

Reactions
Hello guys I am new to the forum and I am the owner of an Infiniti Q50 red sport. I wanted to upgrade a few things on my car to get better performance, but since I am a novice when it comes to cars and I would prefer not to get taken advantage of. I do live in San Diego county in California so any parts I put on the car need to be Ca compliant. With that being said, I am looking to get an Infiniti sports axle back exhaust, a Stillen cold air intake (carb exempt) and a JB4 tune. I was quoted 3k with installation. I thought this price was pretty high considering the installation was only supposed to be $350. I did some research on the parts and the total came out to $1600 so if my math is correct the total should be $1950. My first question is, has anyone else added intakes, an axle exhaust, and a JB4 tune? If so how much roughly was it? Also performance wise, was it worth it? Thanks for your time in advance, Quinn.

Reactions
Hello guys I am new to the forum and I am the owner of an Infiniti Q50 red sport. I wanted to upgrade a few things on my car to get better performance, but since I am a novice when it comes to cars and I would prefer not to get taken advantage of. I do live in San Diego county in California so any parts I put on the car need to be Ca compliant. With that being said, I am looking to get an Infiniti sports axle back exhaust, a Stillen cold air intake (carb exempt) and a JB4 tune. I was quoted 3k with installation. I thought this price was pretty high considering the installation was only supposed to be $350. I did some research on the parts and the total came out to $1600 so if my math is correct the total should be $1950. My first question is, has anyone else added intakes, an axle exhaust, and a JB4 tune? If so how much roughly was it? Also performance wise, was it worth it? Thanks for your time in advance, Quinn.

quiet,
What shop said they would sell you a JB4?? Burger Tuning or any of its retailers will not ship JB4s to CA. I had mine shipped to a friend in AZ, then here.

To answer your question, it's hard for me to say how much installation should cost since I install most everything myself. I did my own lower downpipes, Infiniti/AMS intakes, and soon my JB4 (just got it). The items you listed are all pretty easy installs. I could even help you if you want to drive up to Murrieta.

Of the things you listed, as far as performance gains, the JB4 is what's going to kick you in the nuts. The axle back would be mostly for looks and a change in sound, not much performance gain. The factory intakes are so good that most of the aftermarket intakes provide little to no gains. Infiniti/AMS is the best. I'd skip the Stillens. AMS's don't have an EO # (yet) but they are part of Infiniti's catalogue, they say Infiniti on them, and they are very discreet. I doubt a smog shop would even notice. Get the ones with the Infiniti logo.

Lower downpipes would be a great bang for the buck but wouldn't pass a visual smog check so you'd have to take them on/off every 2 years. Something I am willing to do.

A full catback is smog legal and may give you 15ish HP.

Good luck!