Power Liftgate Help NEEDED

Reactions
Guys, this is cross posted and I hope this doesn't upset anyone, I'm merely reaching out for help...

I'm trying to find out why my 2015 Power liftgate will not work. It is a flood vehicle and I can only assume water may have reached the rear power lift motor. I tore into this about a week ago, found a video on checking the micro switch on the back lift handle, it appears fine. The lift motor doesn't lift or close the hatch by the back lift/cancel switch, dash switch or by lifting the outside handle. I have verified the rear glass is closed. One thing I did notice when unplugging the motor wiring, was a "chirp". I plugged it in again and I get 2 or 3 beeps from the indicator mounted on the rear hatch indication what I believe is the noise you get when opening or closing the hatch.

To me, it looks like water had reached the motor and plug area so today I replaced the motor assembly. NO DIFFERENCE... Exactly the same. I have seen other threads where folks talk about the interior lights fuse, the power window drivers door panel and others. I can't find anything I'm over looking BUT I have no clue where a 12V relay may be. Typically 12V is not fed directly to a switch which could over heat a switch, so the switch typically gives the relay a connection to allow 12V to the motor for action. Does anyone know of a relay I can check. Maybe I'm overlooking a fuse??

I don't have or know how to get a free factory service manual which may be simple enough for me to understand the wiring... Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Found a FSM, found all I wanted and then some... This is NOT an easy diagnosis. There is a procedure which helps you learn what area and steers you in the right direction. I'm not done but I'm down to a few areas and leaning to the intelligent key nightmare of this Armada. I have one module to check and one switch to replace to try but I'm 90% sure I will be back at the intelligent key saga. Good new is all of my switches, levers, motors and such are all checking out ok. I will report back when I find out where this leads me.